Thoughts about short-term work

We had a meeting at the Labs here yesterday with Peter Teichman from
Duke, Federico Mena, Jonathan Blandford and myself, to coordinate some
short-term work on the pilot.

We'd like to see gnome-pilot get quickly up to the point where people
can use it to sync their calenders, addressbooks etc.

To facilitate getting things working quickly, we want to concentrate
on a subset of the full envisioned functionality of gpilotd:

 1) One pilot, one cradle
 2) gpilotd running as part of a users session. (This means
    we can initially use GNORBA to activate the CORBA servers
    that conduits need to talk to without having to invent
    a new session-independent activation mechanism)

The action items we came up with:

 - Get gnome-pilot working with currently released standard
   pilot-link. This may require rewriting the SyncAbs
   stuff (or an equivalent) and putting it into gpilotd.

 - Make sure that we can access CORBA properly from
   conduits. (This isn't as simple as it might seem
   because of problems with forking, and having multiple
   separate entities using CORBA within a single process)

 - Clean up the conduit interface some. More on this later.

 - Add IDL interfaces to gnome-cal (Federico) and Think
   (for todo list - Peter) to sync against

 - Write calender and todo conduits.

Regards,
                                        Owen