Re: tinderboxing stuff

On 8/13/05, James Andrewartha <jamesa daa com au> wrote:
> Gah, this was meant to go to the list as well.
> >> Build fixes:
> >> - Solaris uses sys/sockio.h instead of linux/socket.h
> >> http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/patches/orbit-solaris.patch
> >
> > You said Davyd committed this one, right? Or at least filed it?
>
> Yeah, this is committed. I can't get jhbuild to patch it in for some
> reason, so that will have to wait until the next anoncvs update.

Grr. We *have* to get anoncvs not to lag. I have pushed on that again.

> >> - fontconfig needs to be told to use the gnu iconv if glib is using it
> (I have  --with-libiconv=gnu in my autogenargs)
> >> http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/gnometinderbox/patches/
> >
> > Blah. Should that be filed upstream?
>
> Probably. I'm not entirely sure my patch is correct, but it does make it
> work.

Well, can at least file a bug explaining what the problem is on
non-linux platforms.

> >> I think that's all the things I've done to the vanilla source.
> >
> > And has that gotten it going, or have you just stalled out?
>
> Stalled out, but it was 6am when I wrote that email.

Yowza.

> gtk+ is obviously a
> big blocker, without it nothing graphical is going to get compiled. I
> could fix it on mudhead by apt-getting libxft-dev, but that's not an
> option for manbo.

Urk, no X server there?

> Looking ahead at some failures (mainly for my own reference):
> - libpixman dies in a very odd way
> - gnome-icon-theme, libgnomecups (and a few others) have intltool oddness:
> config.status: executing intltool commands
> ./config.status: ./intltool-extract.in: No such file or directory
> - mozilla doesn't like my crazy proxy-including CVSROOT

We should talk to jamesh about seeing if there is a way to genericize that.

> - howl needs to find getopt somewhere

We can probably drop howl, there seems to be consensus it is
license-violating anyway.

> - libxklavier needs libXkl or something?

Xkb, maybe?

> - poppler can't find cairo correctly
> - libgcrypt has linking issues
> - libgtop needs to find glibtop
> - isocodes needs to know python isn't always in /usr/bin
> - libmusixbrainz is c++, ugh
> - gnome-backgrounds has a po error.

Wow. Long way to go. :/

> Oh, and manbo's atom feed is now at