Re: Evolution testing specfile (evolution 0.10)

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Matthias Saou wrote:

> From: Matthias Saou <matthias accelance fr>
> Subject: Re: Evolution testing specfile (evolution 0.10)
>
> > Okay folks, to those of you who feel like testing things, here's a
> > specfile for evolution 0.10. It builds ok for me, the package seems ok,
> > but i can't verify that all parts actually get built on my system so I'm
> > not too certain.
> >
> > on the other hand, I cant run it properly either, since when i attempt
> > to start it it claims it cannot start evilution-shell (oops, typo there,
> > but too good to correct >:-)
> >
> > //Spider
>
> Right here, there will be some problems when uninstalling :
>
> -- start --
> %{_libdir}/*.so*
>
> %{_libdir}/evolution/camel-providers/%{version}/*.so*
> %{_libdir}/evolution/camel-providers/%{version}/*.urls
>
> %{_libdir}/evolution/evolution-mail-importers/%{version}/*.so*
>
> %{_datadir}/evolution/*
> -- end --
>
> You should add something like :
> %dir %{_libdir}/evolution
> %dir %{_libdir}/evolution/camel-providers
> %dir %{_libdir}/evolution/camel-providers/%{version}
>
> Since otherwise, these directories won't be deleted enven though they will
> be empty when the RPM is uninstalled.
> Same goes for "%{_datadir}/evolution/*" which should be changed to
> "%{_datadir}/evolution" instead.
>
> Similar problems can be found in the -devel section, here's one :
>
> %{_includedir}/evolution/cal-client/*
> %{_includedir}/evolution/cal-util/*
> %{_includedir}/evolution/ebook/*
> %{_includedir}/evolution/importer/*
>
> Could be replaced with only "%{_includedir}/evolution" I suppose... and same
> for others.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthias

You are confusing 3 things:

a) %dir %{_libdir}/evolution
b) %{_libdir}/evolution
c) %{_libdir}/evolution/*

a) refers to only the dir, and only that, without any files or dirs in it.
b) refers to the dir with all files and dirs in it.
c) refers to all the files and dirs in the dir.

I think what you want is b). a) should NOT be used unless you have a VERY
good reason.

Greetings,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout