Re: next draft of rpm guidelines are here

(I'm in digest. so double reply)
Actually, To use -both- preset CFLAGS and RPM_OPT_FLAGS is at best an unclean solution and could quite possibly mess things up very much. I've hit that problem a few times when repackaging a few broken rpm's that did it that way. (good example:) CFLAGS="-Os -march=k6 -mcpu=k6" + RPM_OPT_FLAGS that are "-mcpu=i686 -march=i386" and some more on a default RedHat

Another point in the default rpm macros taht joe random doe has is the override in /usr/lib/rpm/<arch>/macros on a redhat, that aliases all x86 targets to i386 :/

the later issue about the optimizations as set in the default macros could very well provide difficult, but I think the "cleanest" solution would be something like :
MY_FLAGS=`echo $CFLAGS | sed s/-fno-exceptions//`
since that's something thats a bit more "restricted" to those packets that actually use exceptions.

2c and out

//Spider

---

I really don't think CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $RPM_OPT_FLAGS" would be useful, and
since I like the cleanest and quickest way of doing things, I suggest to
simply stick with %configure and that's it!

Matthias

----

From: Kenny Graunke I do not know if *those* use them, but programs which use *mm _do_ use them. Gabber refused to compile here because I had accidentally set that flag as an "optimization" - I recommend you do *not* use it, as it tends to screw things up pretty badly.

Kenny