Re: Where to now?

tis 2002-07-02 klockan 06.43 skrev Jeff Waugh:
> So,
>
>   - We've roughly agreed on a "corporate desktop" target
>
>   - We've roughly agreed on a Debian base
>
> ... where to now?

Great, I was planning on writing such a mail yesterday but totally
forgot :)

> I think our first step is to look at the user requirements and map out the
> features we need to impliment and clean to fulfill them. I will try and find
> some time tonight to write about the requirements we had to fulfill for a
> recent 'Linux on the Desktop' prototype/demonstration gig.

Great!

> Please chime in with your own experiences - perhaps making a document about
> this would be useful. (I'd love to see if we can document as we go, dunno
> how likely that is to succeed.)

I think this is where the wiki is good. If we put the stuff there we
have a somewhat-structured document that we can later restructure into a
"real" document.

> Then we'll need to start planning and building things from the ground up
> with the user requirements in mind.
>
> Anyone have good plan of action for doing all of this?

Once we have the user requirements and have mapped them to what we need
to implement I guess it's just a matter of hacking.

We also need to:

* Decide how to interact with Debian
* Look into whether we are going to need our own build server
* Make a list of packages to ship
* Learn how to make ISOs from a subset of Debian packages

Some of this you Debian guys might know already :)

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/