Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 15:47, Josh Sled wrote:
> There's a big difference between HTML and XML.  I'd argue the majority
> of the [gnucash reporting] pain is due to generating HTML in lieu of a
> more appropriate [maybe XML-based] format.

Yay!  The voice of sanity.  To go from an aribitrary data-aware (ie. not
layout-aware) XML format to any other format is easy with the smart
application of XSL or any number of alternative approaches (eg libgda).

[Un]hooking information into [and out of] HTML is a nightmare.  You'd do
well to be rid of it.

The best trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that HTML
is appropriate for anything other than simple documents.
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com