Re: [Inkscape-devel] Joining GNOME Office

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:24:51AM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 10:52 -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:07:03AM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > libgnomedb adds a libgnomeui dependency. It could probably be removed,
> > > if there is concern about it. I don't remember right now exactly what
> > > things are pulled from libgnome/ui, but most could probably be replaced
> > > with GTK.
> >
> > Probably a good idea if possible.  Until we can rip bonbo out from
> > under libgnomeui, or get it cleaned up and portable to win32
> > libgnome* is not an option.
>
> right, ok, so I had a look, and those are the functions being used from
> libgnome*:
> 	 U gnome_about_new
Hmm, that was somewhat tricky.  I ended up following the gimp's lead
and doing something fun.

>          U gnome_druid_*
This is actually fairly simple.

>          U gnome_file_entry_get_full_path
>          U gnome_file_entry_get_type
>          U gnome_file_entry_new
Not too bad.  You'll want to use the new filesel anyway.

>          U gnome_icon_list_get_type
This is hard.  That is real functionality.  We have a similar issue
in libgnomeprint where it would be nice to use an icon list but we
can't.  It's not impossible to approximate via a table but that
leads to replicated code.

>          U gnome_popup_menu_attach
>          U gnome_popup_menu_new
You'll want to ditch these in favour of GtkAction.

>          U gnome_program_init
Ignorable accept for help.