Re: We're removed from FC2 ?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:16:47PM -0600, E. A. Zen wrote:

> I recommend a pseudo-committee of the lead developers of everyone
> currently in GOffice.  Since they already talk at eachother anyways, it
> already exists!
>
> Dom, Jody, Rodrigo and...?
>
> -Eric
>
> Fake Bureaucracy--it's better than the real thing!

Not to be negative but what would that change or accomplish ?  We're
all discussing things informaly now.  What I'd much rather see would
be a more user driven approach.  How many of you have tried to paste
a table from gnumeric -> abiword or vice versa ?  Did it work ?

I'd like to see integration bug reports that look into things like
    - cut-n-paste  (My #1 bugaboo)
    - command-line flags
    - menu/toolbar naming and layout

How about someone looking into writing a up a shared document
metadata framework ?  There are lots of simple ways we can start to
pull things together.  Lets grab some low hanging fruit.