Re: GnuCash page on GO site

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:52, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Is there no merit to looking at Gnumeric's custom widgets uses and
> > perhaps reusing and extending those?
>
> Unlikely -- most of these widgets are for displaying gnucash-specific
> objects like account-trees, commodity-lists, and selectors.   Some of
> them are generic selectors, but those are the exception, not the rule.
>
> So, I find it unlikely the gnumeric custom widgets would be useful...
> Unless you happen to have a phrase-wheel widget?!?

I just thought that a lot of gnucash widgets were grid-like and gnumeric
is all about flexible grids.

Obviously there will be some instances like the phrase-wheel (like I
know what that means) that must be home-brewed, but I would have thought
(and this is a non-developer thinking) that there is an awful lot that
you could pull from elsewhere; thus alleviating many man-months in
creating them from scratch and also sharing future responsibility (and
conserving resources) rather than looking after it all under GnuCash.
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>