Re: Website and Logo

On Thu, 4 Feb 2004, William O'Shea wrote:

> Date: 04 Feb 2004 21:26:53 -0500
> From: William O'Shea <woshea millards com>
> To: gnome-office-list gnome org
> Subject: Website and Logo
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've been following the threads for a while now regarding
> a Gnome Office website and logo. I definitely agree that
> we need this very very much.
>
> Someone suggested buying gnomeoffice.org and getting someone

It seems TUCOWS owns GnomeOffice.com
I've been tempted to buy gnomeoffice.org but I think that we
should have http://gnome.org/gnomeoffice working (usually you need
http://gnome.org/gnome-office) or alternatively we should have
http://office.gnome.org or http://gnomeoffice.gnome.org because frankly
paying for extra top level domains is the kind of stupidity we expect from
clueless commercial ventures.

> to host it, perhaps Gnome itself. If you can find someone to
> host it, I will purchase the website.

you could just purchase it and point it at
http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office/

> like, "Push the button and GO" with GO being the actual logo.
> Alternately, "What ever your needs, just GO" etc, etc. There
> are many ways to market it like this. Hopefully, this suite
> will be fully cross platform and it may be better to have
> the ability to separate from Gnome when applicable.

an interesting and dynamic idea and I'm a sucker for cross platform (even
though Gnome Office already works on a variety of POSIX compliant
operating systems I know what you mean).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/