Re: Please think about this

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:26:50AM -0500, Richard J. Mancusi wrote:
> I use Red Hat 7.2 and 7.3.  The Nautilus file manager does
> not have a way to find a file.  The Nautilus online manual
> shows "Find" and "Services" but they don't really exist.
Seems like a reasonable enhancement request to make of the nautilus
development folk.  File something with bugzilla.gnome.org.

> or even Gnome search tool when logged on as root.
That is a completely different issue.  Although it is debatable
whether or not it should spew an error when it hits a permission
denied situation, there can be no debate on whether it should assume
global root permissions.  Permissioning should not be ignored.

> The most important thing here is the total lack of support.
I would question that assertion.  The key point is to ask for help
in the right place.  It is unfortunate that the RedHAt response did
not point you to the right community, but be assured that once there
you would get a response.  Try

    nautilus-list gnome org