Re: some news...

from my point of view "so many" features "as oXP" is not that important for ex-windows users, and wouldn't like experienced linux users.
Abiword plugins are the best option. You can have DIA installed on a pentium 2 with 64ram, with just a few plugins. Or run full DIA in a pentium 4 win 1GB. You will find the balance between the task you want to accomplish and the machine you have available. With msoffice 2000 and 2002, this is just not possible, you first buy a new computer and then you say "what am I allowed to do today?"
Of course is imporant to be able to exchange files between gnome-office and others, and frindeliness and feedback from the UI will make gnome-office rock.
Yours:
nestor di