Re: GNOME Office, RC1

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Jon K Hellan wrote:

> Martin Sevior <msevior mccubbin ph unimelb edu au> writes:
>
> > OK, I begin to understand. I have to implement a number of extra functions
> > to shovel data into and out of the widget in a well defined way. I gather
> > these are functions like:
> >
> > 	Bonobo_Stream_read
> >
> > To acquire a stream of data. OK. I'm looking through the code of ggv for
> > how to do this. It's all straight forward I just need to know the names of
> > the functions evo/bonobo wants and how to define the IDL to get it.
>
> Below is code from Gnumeric (src/bonobo-io.c - stripped of code not (yet?)
> ported from Gnome 1.)
>
> It is connected to the component main program like this (src/main-component.c)
>
> Regards
>
> Jon Kåre

Thanks Jon!
          This confirms what I suspected from looking at the ggv code. I
need to register specific callbacks for the required interfaces.

Then list the interfaces in the oaf file. I guess that evolution needs the

Bonobo::PersistStream
and
Bonobo::PersistFile

interfaces. I'll also add the MIME types  for doc,rtf, abw wp and aw
(for MSWord, RTF, abiword, Word Perfect and Applix). I'll cut and
paste these from the ggv idl file.

Does evolution need any other interfaces?

Cheers

Martin