Re: short minute of meeting at guadec

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 07:46:10AM -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> I'm going to move all but 4 of our filters into plugins after Abi's 1.0
> release (DOC imp, TXT imp/exp, HTML exp, ABW imp/exp).
I've found having the filters be plugins is quite useful.  It is
greatly simplifying the transition to zip files.

> As for filters being pushed into a libgnomeoffice type place, I think that
> we might have to evaluate that on a per-filter basis. The task will be
> *hard* and some things just won't map cleanly (Gnumeric loading DOC, Abi
Agreed.  It seems like a useful step to be able to share the
mechanism that manages plugins, and ideally some of the interfaces
the plugins offer.  However, the internals of the plugins are likely
to rely on the their native application.

For the first few releases we have much simpler things to tackle.