Re: suggestion: unified media player control panel applet

John Palmieri wrote:

...People will ask why is my favorite xyz
multimedia app not an option.  I think it comes down to select one media
player and use that.  If it is not good enough to do everything you need
then that should be fixed - not the applet/notification icon.

This seems wildly unlikely, thinking historically.  I am far from convinced that one app to play them all is even a good fit for user needs in all situations.  It's a nice goal, but IMO we shouldn't be making desktop-wide design decisions based on this premise.  There are just too many reasons why people both want and need multiple media players on their desktops.

Bill