GNOME Sound Recording w/ C-Meidia on RedHAT

Friedns,

I need your sincere help on this matter.as 'm spending days at work (VoIP) and f**** eve/nights at school to get this dammmmmm things work (part of my master's project) but no luck so far.

Your response looks very priomising to me.

Could you Pl tell me which sound card you'r using? w/ what RH? I have C-Media on  Mother board and Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 in PCI slot.
First I tried w/ C-Media only BUT once I got problem then i bought Sound Blaster 16.

Results:
Works: Can hear the voice/music
Does not Work: Sound recording
Program: GNOME Sound Recorder

I tired following
RH release -> Card -> GNOME = Results
7.3 -> C-Media -> 0.X = Fail
8.0 -> C-Media -> 0.X = Fail
8.0 -> Sound Blaster 16 -> 0.X =Fail
9.0 -> C-Media -> 2.X = Fail
9.0 -> Sound Blaster 16 -> 2.X = Fail

Background:
1. Headset has 2 Pins one goes to headphone (OUT-listen) and other is connected to Microphone (IN-record). Is that right connectins? Do I need to connect Microphone to LINE-IN instead Microphone jack.

2. Recorded file (saved as .wav) has a chunk of data (more then 1MB) so it is recording BUT when i try to listen it there is nothing.

3. What Mixer with appoprirate settings I shoud use?

Pl guide me with details as i'm a newBIE to Linux
Could you send/post a doc of what you have (HW/SW/Release) and what you did to make this f**** things work? Thx a lot for your help.

P.S:
Sorry for wordings BUTY i wanr to recroding work.
Working on VoIP w/ DiffServ on Linux.
This is the biggest hurdle.
Pl....Help me out!
I know 'm missing something or doing wrong. WHAT IS THAT?
---
Kal Parikh
Ph # 908-720-4735
eMAIL: kaljp netzero com

The best thing to hit the internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!