Re: Id3 tags and gnome-vfs

Hello,

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 09:07, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Le ven 25/07/2003 à 03:18, Brian Kerrick Nickel a écrit :
> > I'm trying to write a gnome-vfs based mp3 player, but I can't think of a
> > way to read id3 tags off non-local files.
> > Are there any id3 libraries that work well with gnome-vfs, and if so, or
> > is there any good documentation on how to do this with non-vfs-friendly
> > libraries?
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't know much about the existing tag libraries, if you find a
> library which can extract a tag from a buffer in memory, you can use
> gnome_vfs_read to get your file id3 tag in a buffer and then hand that
> to your id3 library. Another possibility would be to have a look at how
> rhythmbox does that (probably through gstreamer).

Rhythmbox uses id3_vfs which is a port from id3_file to gnome-vfs, and
it's in monkey-media.

Writing tags using it is probably very broken, I remember losing quite a
few files last time I tried it ;)

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault