Re: GNOME-media on the road to 2.4.0

    Yes, however many of the libraries in question are GPL, so I tried mailing
    Eben Moglen asking him for some template text for an exception, similarly to
    what people tended to need with Qt,  to add to the GPL for these
    libraries to solve the issue as many of them are not willing to
    relicense, often cause they don't acknowledge the rightfullness of the
    patents. (which of course could make them unwilling to even add an
    excemption)

If a developer wants to add an exception to his library, we can help
him design it, but I don't think we should support a broad campaign to
ask many GPL-covered library developers to add an exception to their
libraries.  This is occasionally a desirable thing to do, but usually not.