Re: Shutdown/Reboot in Logout Menu?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Carsten Menke <bootsy52 gmx net> writes:
> >
> > I have recently seen on Mandrake 8.1 that it consist of additional
> > Shutdown/Reboot entries in the Logout Menu you got
> > when you want to log out of Gnome. Does anybody know, how they did this,
> > or better where is the corresponding file to edit,
> > so that I can directly shutdown within Gnome?
> >
> > RedHat 7.1 has this nice thang, too.
>
> It requires PAM/consolehelper support in your OS, so you have
> permission to do the shutdown/reboot. The logout dialog should
> automatically detect that support if it exists.
>
> Havoc
I have installed PAM and consolehelper as usual on Mandrake 8.0, but I
recognized that there is not /usr/bin/shutdown
I have only /usr/bin/gshutdown and /sbin/shutdown.

The Questions is:

If Gnome is already compiled and I create a symbolic link from
/sbin/shutdown to /usr/bin/shutdown will it be recognized?
Or do I have to compile the necessary parts again?

Second:

Why could I than Shutdown/Reboot from GDM?

Thankx

Carsten

P.S. Sorry that you got this mail twice, I thought it's been a long time
I replied. :-)
--
Registered Linux User #228992