Gnome 1.4: not saving launchers in panel

Well, this is my first message to the list.  I installed the latest Ximian
and the first thing I did was to add a few launchers to the panel bar, and
also a drawer with several launchers inside.  Now, I had to reboot after
compiling a new kernel and only _some_ of the launchers I created are
there.  Most of them are gone, and the drawer is just empty.  I did save
the session before rebooting.  Any idea what I did wrong?  What do I need
to do to make sure those additions to the panel "stick"?

Thanks.

Nitebirdz
http://www.linuxnovice.org
News, tips, articles, links...