GDM 2.2.2.1 faces?

I have just been trying to get the (vitally important ;-) faces to work in GDM 2.2.2.1 (ximian distro on RH7.0 / ix86).

So far, only the default face (nobody.png) appears. I have tried using gdmphotoconf, which results in the chosen file (small image from /usr/share/pixmaps) being listed in ~/.gnome/gdmphotosetup file. Still get the default face.

Half expected to be able to put <username>.jpg in /usr/share/faces/ and have them picked up by default... Nope.

Does this feature really work?

Si.

--
Simon A Watts