Re: The future of gnome-pim - and Balsa, too?

Hello!

> > BTW: I have seen screenshots from Evolution, Not a very good GUI... Granted
is
> > is made to look like Outlook, but since outlook is possibly the worst
> > mailclient ever made, I can't see why a better aproach is not taken... Users
> It seems most people are different from your girlfriend - most people
> prefer Outlook over Eudora and Lotus Notes and Netscape mail, and ...the
> list goes on. It's also one of the more RFC compliant mailers out there
> (despite what people like to believe).

Alot of people prefer outlook because it is there... It is like saying all
people prefer windows because all people use it?? Why even bother makin Linux??
Everybody prefers Windows anyway?? No?

All I say is that people don't use Eudora, because you have to go and do
something for it to be there... As with netscape... It is a hell of alot better
than IE, but over 80% of all windoes users user IE, why? Because it is there...
That is what the whole browser issue in the courts are about...

Also Everybody uses word... Why? Because a long time ago microsoft effectivly
shot out the one big wordprocessor of them all, simply by not allowing them to
port wordperfect to win95. Had wordperfect been on win95 from the beginning,
nobody would have ever heard of MSword, because it was wasty inferior when it
was released...

> I personally thought Eudora was much less intuitive than Outlook. I have
> yet to find a client more intuitive than Outlook that has the same
> featureset.

I have yet to find anythen less atractive than outlook... The UI is not the
worst part of it, granted, but it adds to the full impression of Microsoft
incompetence!

One of the best mailclient I have yet used, is the YAM2 for Amiga... And I am
in the process of taking the best parts of it to Linux... perhaps I should make
bonobo parts of it, so that others can benefit from it too??

- Mads "Mazzachre" Randstoft