Re: move window to another workspace?

pauljohn ukans edu writes:
> Well, what about this?  Different workspaces can have different
> backgrounds, which I like a lot!  There are also workspace
> dependent features in my window manager, WindowMaker.  There is
> a "clip" of docked icons that differs across workspaces.  I
> frequently make use of these differences across workspaces.

Yes, but you could implement both of those features for viewports
too. It's just a random accident that WindowMaker has them only for
workspaces.

That's why having both is so pointless - in fact it's sort of actively
annoying, since they tend to accrue their own feature-sets, and you
arbitrarily have to choose between two feature sets.

> So, I think your statement that the difference between the two
> is partly related to which window manager you use.

Sure, my statement is more "all window managers could simply pick one
or the other and implement all features for that one."

Havoc