Re: gtkhtml

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:40:34 +0200, Daniel Veillard said:

>    Forking first, trying to justify a posteriori ain't a sane attitude
>  either.

I need no justification beyond the gratitude of my users.

I do not expect the members of gnome-list to agree with me.  By the very
nature of this list, the people on it have no problem with using and
linking to GNOME libs.	In your minds my library is a waste of space,
since it duplicates an existing GNOME library.	This I can understand
completely.  If my target market for CSCMail was GNOME users, I would
gladly link to GNOME libs and would never have bothered with this fork.
But, my target market is more broad than GNOME users.  Therefore I will
not (can not) allow my program to be shackled to GNOME libs.  Hopefully
you can see the logic in that?

-CZ

P.S.
	Judging from the amount of support I have received for CscHTML
(off this list and on) I am very glad I did this fork, it has been well
recieved by developers outside of the GNOME community, and is already
being used in several other projects.  It seems that I was correct in
thinking that there was a demand for a non-GNOME dependant Gtk HTML
widget...
Steve Kordik					      stevek@voila.net
System Administrator				      Tel 212.332.5045
VOILA - France Telecom North America		      Fax 212.332.2362
1270 Avenue of the Americas			New York, NY 10020 USA
Customized Search Engines for your web site at: http://voilasearch.com