Re: gtkhtml

> end.  I try really hard not to.  But after my chat with Miguel in #gnome
> a few weeks ago, it was quite clear to me that GtkHTML was no longer
> being developed as a generic HTML widget, but was instead wholey
> Evolution centric. No surprise there really... The coders for GtkHTML all

Actually I find this rather odd.  I've seen Havoc on the mailing lists
emphasizing that we should have as little dependence on gnome-libs as
possible.  If it's possible not to use gnome-libs then don't.

In an later message, someone stated that you could inheritance to add the
Gconf features.  I think though your argument has some merit in which why
add extra features for a single app (if that is the goal).

> work for Helix, and Evolution is Helix's #1 project right now.	I wish
> them the best.. CscHTML is being developed for use in ANY gtk application
> that wants it, not just to link with MY program.

What does the GTK team think?  A lack of a lightweight html widget would
be of some concern for them, yes?

> My ultimate dream?  Maybe someday CscHTML will get rolled into Gtk
> proper... Wow.. wouldn't that be cool?

Maybe that will happen!

	sri