Re: gmix auto-unmute behaviour

>| Well, the text you didn't quote was "If there's a really loud sound
>| playing, but the channel is muted, you can't lower the slider on
>| that channel without turning on the loud sound for a moment."
>|
>| Interestingly, the mixer applet does things differently. It disables
>| the slider while the mute is on. These programs should at least be
>| consistent.
>The convention used on most audio/video devices with mute capability (i.e.
>every radio and TV I've ever owned that had mute) is that it unmutes if you
>*raise* the volume, but not if you *lower* it.

I think all TVs I have seen here unmute if you raise or lower the sound...
which is a pain, I have been forced to change to a channel with not sound or
low sound, lower the TV sound, and back to the original channel (where the
emisor sound is too high). I would like (everywhere) that mute worked as a
physical switch in the speakers cable, not based in the sound slider.

GSR