Re: Forget that nonsense altogether!

> People, face it: Slogans for something as complex as GNOME are always
> going to be cheesy, commercial and ridiculous; and do you really want
> to have a commercial-sounding slogan now? The looks of the Web site
> are already far too commercial for my taste.
>
> The most reasonable thing to do is to drop the slogan altogether. And
> then, www.gnome.org needs a redesign. We are not a frigging corporation.

What's your problem? And what do you mean the Gnome website looks too
"commercial". I don't see any ads on the website. I don't see any
self-promoting press-releases about products not due for another year.
I don't see *anything* being sold. If by commercial you mean "polished
and non-amateurish", then of course I want the website to look commercial.
Or would you rather it looked amateurish, perhaps even cartoony? :-0

I'm not in charge of the Gnome Website design, but I can say that your
critism had nothing in it that could be of any help to the design team.
Please be more specific.

As for the slogan, as I've said before, it never is 100% true nor 100%
about a product/company. It's meant to catch people's ears, not be
a product/company description. And someone please correct me if I'm
mistaken, but isn't Gnome's ultimate goal to "make computing easy, both
for end-users and developers"?

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1406  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |