Re: Problem with 1.2 on SuSE-6.4

Thanks for the tip. As it happens, only yesterday a
colleague 2 desks away installed RHL-6.2 on his machine. I
ftp'ed the binary file (libext2fs.so.2) from his machine,
then one other (libcom_err.so.1) and plugged them into my
/lib directory. Presto! Fully functional!

And gmc crashed within 3 minutes, so clearly GNOME's
perceived stability problems aren't completely ironed out.
:-(  I've been running kfm on top of GNOME-1.2 and that
seems to be a working solution for the time being.