Re: Menu editor misses some items

Are you using Redhat Linux? The Redhat folks patched the foot menu to
look for *.desktop files in /etc/X11/applnk as well as the default
/usr/share/gnome/apps. This isn't standard GNOME practice, and if Redhat
didn't patch the menu editor to look for *.desktop files there as well,
you won't see them. It's quite likely they didn't, in fact, because I
know they didn't patch gmc's "Open with..." dialog box to look there.

Andrew