Re: URL on Gnome troubleshooting

Hi,

I had the same problem under RedHat Linux 6.0. I finally
succeed to solve the problem but couldn't pinpoint what was
the real problem. Here are a few things you might want to try
and/or that could help you better identify the problem.

o In my case, I've deleted all of my Gnome's directories
  ($HOME/.gnome*) and sawfish (.sawfish) before restarting X.
  You might need to delete other configuration files like .xinitrc
  or .xsession so that the default configuration will be used and
  everything will recreated for you when you login.

o New accounts are working just fine but existing accounts
  all had the same problem except for the root user. This suggests
  that this is a problem with Permissions. Under Linux I have a
  file in /etc/X11/gdm named gdm.conf. There are a few lines that
  allow you to set the level of security. You might want to changed
  the default values to see if it is going to work for you.

As for the log files... If you are using a .xsession script to
start your session then you can look in .xsession-errors for error
messages.

I hope that will help you and if you ever find out what's the
problem please Post the real fix so that others won't have the
same problem (well, at least they will be able to fix it).

Good Luck.