Sounds not playable

Hello;

I recently installed HelixGnome onto my SuSE 6.4
And the installation seems to have happened good.

Before Updating to GNOME 1.2 I was using the esound utility of
Enlightenment, with enlightenment.

But, after having upgraded my system, neither the Enlightenment WM alone
nor GNOME with Enlightenment, nor, GNOME with Sawfish with esound, are able
to play
the smallest sound file available.

When trying to play a soundfile, the process, that tries to play, goes up to
99% CPU Usage, and, it is not able to play.

It looked like a defect esound, but, I replaced it with the older one, the
one, which have existed on SuSE, and, this also did not help.

Therefore I think, that a library file might be corrupt, but I cannot guess
which.

Sincerely,
yusuf

Yusuf Iskenderoglu