Re: Controlling Terminal's Default Directory

Ole Laursen wrote:

> > Where and what controls the directory that Gnome uses to open in each
> > terminal?
>
> The terminal's initial directory is simply the working directory of
> the parent that started it. To test this start a gnome-terminal and
> then
>
>   cd /usr            # or whatever directory you prefer
>   gnome-terminal
>
> The new terminal will start at /usr.
>
> So to get a panel launcher to launch a terminal with a specific path,
> try a command like
>
>   cd /specific/path ; gnome-terminal

This is exactly why I need the configuration <directory>/<file(s)>.
It follows through with the execution of the program by way of the
configuration file.

Note: Detailed Document(s) and Sample(s) are more than welcome.
      When you reply to this message, please include
      the mailing list and my address.

Signed,
SoloCDM