Re: Security (was: make gnome listen on localhost:*)

In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.10006141344120.25158-100000@archer.kd-dev.com>, Derek
 Simkowiak writes:

>	Just turn the crap off.  If you know enough to want to offer
>network services, you know enough to turn them on.  Regarding Orbit,
>default it to Unix sockets instead of TCP/IP sockets (with TCP/IP sockets
>an option for those people who really need to share CORBA objects).

"An ORB [object request broker, the fundamental part of CORBA] must support
IIOP [the Internet [TCP/IP] Inter-ORB Protocol] (but can support other
additional protocols) in order to be considered to be CORBA 2.0 compliant."

- _Teach Yourself CORBA in 14 Days_ by Jeremy Rosenberger.

"Support" means turned on by default.  I think you might need to do some more
reading.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts@linuxsavvy.com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts