Evolution Ate My Mail! :)

Last time I tried out Evolution, it slurped up all of my inbox. I was
a bit surprised -- since I think that a sensible mail client should be
able to determine that I want to read and keep the mail inside of the
inbox and not move it from there. Man, I've got procmail to move it,
as soon as it's in the inbox, I want it to stay there!

Anyway, somewhere inside of ~/evolution I was able to find a
salvageable mbox file. I copied it back to ~/Mail/inbox, and
everything was OK again.

I just ran Evolution again. The same thing happened. I copied the mbox
back again -- and this time it didn't work. The mbox is still in mbox
format, but completely illegible for Mutt. And for some reason, all
the mails are in there in *triplicate*.

Is there some easy and idiotproof way to unmangle Evolution's mbox
files? After all, this thing is supposed to be compatible, so why
these problems?

mawa
--
I know a lot less ... than many of the readers ..., so I'm probably
wrong and you shouldn't have read this message at all.  Just because