Re: Gnome and touchpad

Haris Siakalis wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using mandrake 7.0 Gnomehelix1.2 and acer travelmate 507t portable
> computer.
> Everything went ok during installation including the touch pad mouse,
> but when i go in the x-windows i cannot use the touchpad. the mouse
> pointer jumps up and down the scvreen like mad with the first touch. Are
> there
> any special installation instructions? I have chosen during
> installation a generic ps/2 mouse type.

Check /etc/X11/XF86Config and make sure that the right mouse type is
selected in
the Pointer section. Sometimes the right info doesn't quite make it
here. If your
display looks correct, then it is most likely not a display issue;
playing with
the vertical and horizontal frequency ranges can not only screw up your
picture,
but in extreme cases, damage your monitor.

	- Vladimir