Re: No GNOME Sound Events When in Run-Level 5

"Bruce W. Bigby" wrote:

> Why do I not hear GNOME sound events when running in run-level 5. I've
> never gotten this to work. The only way GNOME sound events work is when
> I run in run-level 3 and execute startx. Don't want to do this.
> --
> Bruce W. Bigby
> http://home.rochester.rr.com/bigbyofrocny
> Do for others what you would want others to do for you.

Hi, I just discovered something wonderful. I created a fresh new account
for my son on my Linux machine so Enlightenment and GNOME both perform
their initialization stuff. When I enable ESD sound under my son's
account, sound works! However, sound does not work in neither my account
nor my wife's account. My hypothesis is that there is something in my
desktop configuration, and my wife's, that's preventing sound from
coming on. Does anyone out there have a clue as to what the problem
might be?