Re: gnome please help

> I have a problem, I recently configured my panel at the bottom of
> the screen, it took several hours..I shut down my system saving
> changes. Several hours later I booted and logged in as root...The
> panel disappeared..

I guess you configured it when root too? All users have different
setups.

> I can't find it anywhere and when I type the "panel" command in the
> terminal I get all sorts of error messages including "bad pixmap"
> etc (Using the Red Hat 6.2)

I'm afraid you have to include all the error messages - but if you are
using the version shipped with Red Hat, you might consider downloading
the latest Bongo Gnome 1.2. If it is a bug, it might have been fixed
already.

> Anybody know where my panel has gone and how I can get it back?

Well, you could always nuke your .gnome directory; that will give a
fresh standard configuration.

  rm -rf ~/.gnome

--
Ole Laursen