Re: More features for Helix Updater, and source?

> On the topic of the updater, I tried to find the source on the helix site, and
> it was not obvious where to look.  The RPM for the updater indicates it is
> GPL'd so I would expect to be able to find it without too much trouble.

The source is available at:
ftp://ftp.helixcode.com/pub/helix/sources/

> It would be nice to have the ability to roll
> my own update mirror.  In particular, I have several Linux systems, and
> want to be able to download the RPM's once, and then point the updater
> to my local repository which would likely be an internal ftp site.  I was
> originally looking for the source to see if there was a way to do this easily.

This is possible.  You have to download the RPMs from the FTP site, but then
you can point the installer at the local copy.  It's not the exact same thing,
but with the use of NFS can work just about the same.

> It would be nice to have an option to save the RPM's locally, rather than
> clearing them off of the system.  This would allow me to catch them in
> a backup.

Definately!  It should be an option to delete them after the install.  It
pissed me off the first time it deleted them all, as I had many other installs
to do.  Lesson learned the hard way.

Matthew