Re: gnome-libs-1.2.1 install

> Going thorugh the installation of gnome, I have gotten to the point of
> installing gnome-libs-1.2.1. Below is the error I get at the end of the
> configure:
>
> "configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility
> mode."

You probably have v2 or v3 of the db library, and it didn't have db 1.85
compatibility compiled in. Reinstall either v1 of db, or a v2/3 of db
that has db 1.85 compatibility compiled in. If compiling from source,
1.85 compatibility is enabled using a flag for configure, I've forgotten
what it is, but I do remember it is in the README or INSTALL file of
the tarball.

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1406  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |