Re: Transparent Terminals

"Hsiao, Weber" wrote:

> I'm a newbie to this list, so forgive me if the question has been brought up
> before.  How do I get a transparent terminal i.e., the underlying
> backgrougnd shows through giving the illusion that words are floating.
>
> In petty much all the screenshots shown on e.themes site use transparent
> termininals - pretty cool looking with the right background.
>
> -Thanks in advance
>
> -Weber
>
> --

You have to use either gnome-terminal or Eterm ( I prefer Eterm when it comes to
transparency...)
 You can make it transparent with eihter the preferences or with menuoptions...

Bye the way you have to set your background with control-center (aka gnomecc) so
that the terminals can find
the Background image, or use Esetroot, which goes with Eterm (command line)

And if you wanna have sth really fancy:

    An icon in the panel, when you click on it it changes the background to a
new pics, taken from a directory where you
        can put all your  background pictures...

you can find the how to do it somewhere in the archives. I have posted it like a
month ago or so.

click (<-- that was me changing my background   :-)   )

enjoy

remo