problems with gtk apps

It seems that the problems are caused by the number 6. If a gtk app or panel
applet comes up with a number 6 in it, the window expands to several screens
wide. If I type a 6 into a text field, a huge space gets put in before the next
character.

I'm running Red Hat 6.0 intel, with all the latest gnome rpms (through today).
I even rebuilt the srpms for glib, gtk, and gtk-engines to no avail. The gtk
theme doesn't seem to matter, it even happens with the default theme.

This problem is happening on my laptop as well. The only difference being that
the laptop uses the Laptop Accelerated-X server from Xig instead of XFree86.

Any ideas??

Erik Ferlanti
erikf@smart.net