Gnome 1.0.0?

Hi.
Seeing the slashdot post on gnome 1.0.0 is looked into my new cvs
update's configure.in and yeah its gnome 1.0.0

(What's her name, miguel? my suggestion is abnormaly deep-fried
electrical goat)

Though I'm very glad to see gnome turning into 1.0.0,
I do think that we should have waited for the other packages to catch
up.
this is because when someone uses gnome-final it is not as final as it
would be if it was using the stable gnome or stable orbit or stable
esound, etc...

and when some of this not-unfrozen-yet packages get new features or use
different function calls then we will be somewhat screwed. (wont we?)

besides that,
kudos to all gnome developers.

Yoni.

--

There are no big words, just little people.