Python/GTK-based bug-reporting script

  Hi, I put together a Python script (using the Gnome/GTK+ bindings) that
does a similar job to the gnome-bug script but in a GUI interface.  I'm
attaching it to this message (it's small) for anyone who's interested; the
only feature I didn't implement that I'd really like to is the ability for
it to show a list of packages available for bug reports, and that's because
I don't know how.  Is there any 'standard' Gnome way to get either a list
of packages currently installed (preferably with descriptions) or failing
that, a list of packages available for the bug report?  Something like
dpkg --list would be nice..

  Of course, I guess that if you don't have gnome-python installed, this
doesn't help much. :-)  Should I rewrite it in..say..C++ or C? (it'll
probably be 3 times as long and tedious and for something so simple..)

  Daniel
--
  The universe, they said, depended for its operation on the balance of four
forces which they identified as charm, persuasion, uncertainty and

     -- Terry Pratchett on Discworld religion, _The Light Fantastic_