RE: gmc/libvfs suggestion for removable media

zip drives do have eject buttons... The only drive I am aware of now is the
floppy drives.

The solution would be to have a mount option to set the cache on a device
(floppy) to 0 so it writes all changes on the fly. that way you could pull a
floppy and change it with out remounting it.

Then If you were really sick you could place a symbolic link on your desktop
called "My computer" and link it to /mnt and you would get a listing like
winblowz