Re: GTK, Gnome, enlightenment and Real audio player

Probably esd, the sound daemon, is running after you've started GNOME and now your audio device is busy. Few things you can do. If you're one of those lucky people with a soundcard with two DSP's you can let esd start up on the second DSP, you can temporarily or permanently disable sound in the gnomecc menu's and kill esd...

-Fred

Kevin Saenz wrote:

I have RH5.2 have been upgrading since rh5.0 with realaudio server and
player. now when I installed gnome-0.99.7 on my system I can't run real
audio player, can anyone tell me why this is the case?
The problem is that Real Audio player locks when I hit a site with it,
and I can't even cloes down, X I have been forced to force reboot the
system.
Help me.

Thanks

Kevin