Re: gFTP rocks!

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Mohammad Abdin wrote:

> Every Linux FTP program I have found does not use FTP proxies
> except for Netscape. I think it is an ESSENTIAL feature, cos A
> LOT of ISP's use proxies just to speed up people's connection (as
> mine does). Its a shame that its missing :P

Comming from a school that keeps the dorms behind a firewall, I agree that
supporting proxies is a _great_ idea.  But how exactly does a proxy help
speed up a FTP connection?

-chris
Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf

I can prove anything with research except the truth.
                                                 -Unknown