Conflicting backgrounds

Hi.

I think the cooperation between Gnome and the window managers
(especially Enlightenment) w/r/t backgrounds needs to be improved.

When I start Gnome with E, first E draws its background. When
background-properties gets invoked, Gnome draws its own background. As
soon as I change desktops, the E background gets redrawn. The setting
of the "Use background" (sp?) checkbox in the e-conf capplet doesn't
seem to change this behaviour in any way.

I think there should be a checkbox in the background-properties
capplet to say "Let the WM draw the background". If Gnome absolutely
wants to do its own ones, it should be possible to effectively stop
the WM from redrawing the background.

Is such a thing feasible? Has it perhaps already been done and on my
box it's just a mean bug?

mawa
--
Troll, troll, troll your post