Re: compiling on libc5 system

Tomas Ogren wrote:

> On 22 February, 1999 - Necati Salicoz sent me these 0,3K bytes:
>
> > Hi everyone...
> >   I want to learn if it is possible to compile and use GNOME on libc5
> > systems (like slackware)...
>
> I have done that without any problems at all. (Debian 1.3 boxes, with
> updated autoconf/automake/libtool).

There is a slight problem with the /etc/magic file on older slackware
(and possibly newer for all I know) releases. I have a slackware-3.6
(I think).

Anyway the entry for a shared library is ``dynamic library'' and configure
expects ``shared object''. You will need to change this.

Adam.

--
Signs of crime: screaming or cries for help.
                -- from the Brown Security Crime Prevention Pamphlet