Having the following problem with gnome.......

If I type in the following at the command prompt:

[root@localhost jason2]#gnome-session
SESSION_MANAGER=local/localhost.localdomain:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1436,tcp/localhost-localdomain:2178

GDK-WARNING **:cannot open display

Ok... now if I run "startx" with enlightenment installed, I run it the little
start-up thingy for enlightenment starts, completes then it kicks over to a
plain grey screen with just my mouse cursor.  Has anyone experienced this
before?  If I run gnome inside KDE it runs but otherwise it won't run.
Enlightenment refuses to run :(  It just stops with that screen.  Any ideas on
what to do?

Thanks much-ly
 --
	Jason Pratt