Re: Correct way to start Gnome?

Hi,

That was the sort of thing I thought gnome-session would do. At least that
way, windowmanagers which aren't necessarily gnome compliant could still be
used without too many problems, although obviously with reduced
functionality.

I tried using the session manager to have it run /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker
when gnome starts, but that just completely fails to do anything.

> Would it be better to create a wm-config capplet or something
> have the wm-config be called up by gnome-session in place of the wm
>
> wm-config would look in ~/.wm for what wm to run.
> if there is no file or nothing in it, it would prompt you for your default
> wm.
> that way when someone is setting up there computer for the first time, they
> get a choice of wm's and they can change it in the future through the gnome
> control center.

Allan Third (allan@mindless.com)

"It's raining popcorn. Hallelujah!"